Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Long Day...

Knocked out last night once again at about 4am or so. I have completely no idea how I ended up on my bed with my laptop and books neatly by the side of my bed. -shrugs-

Got out of bed today thinking it was already very late. It was only 7 plus. Talk about a warped body clock. Anyways, went for a run. Great weather today but darn it felt terrible. I need to take a break from running until I get well.

Worked on some technicals for interviews before heading out with my brother and sister for Tung Lok. Met up with my grandma, some of my cousins and uncles for dim sum lunch. Jeeze, if you had been there to see us eat. 22 plates of egg tarts, and probably around 5 to 10 plates of every other dim sum on the menu. Thinking back makes me feel sick. Still, first time I've done this with my family. Different.

Sent my cousin back and went over to my mom's factory to pick up stuff for my sister. Stayed around until my mom was done with work and came home. Already dead exhausted. Was contemplating some stuff and spoke to my mom for sometime. Needed some peace and quiet to think things through; headed for IHM. When I tried to leave the place, I was stuck inside because there was some function going on at the church upstairs. Had to wait till the cars started moving out before I could get to No Signboard to meet up with some friends.

Dinner adjourned to supper at Xin Wang cafe. Speaking of which, I just realized I haven't had dinner yet. Anyways, yup they chit chatted for sometime before heading home. Was pretty stoned, exhausted.

Took some time off to be alone. Grabbed a drink at the beach pub near to Laguna. I miss hearing the sound of the waves so much. Miss East Coast Park. Saw this really old couple holding hands and walking down the beach in the semi-darkness. Felt really envious and happy for them; they looked so blissful and beautiful together.

Hopped on the car and went for a drive through Singapore. Feeling the warm wind beating against my cheeks. Down ECP, down Rochor, along Marina Square, through the CBD, up Mount Faber... Pretty Singapore bursting with memories. I wonder when I'll see all of these again.

Got home and had consecutive chats, first with mom then with dad. Already a ton of stuff on my mind; now there's more. Well, what's new?

Long night ahead...

No comments: