Here we are, 4 down 1 to go. After countless cups of coffee and who knows how many all-nighters, the final BIT200 (Business Information Technology) exam is finally here. 1.5 credits makes it almost tempting not to study but we all know better. Never let it up once else the other b-school kids will whoop your ass big time.
Pulled another all-nighter again last night. Caffeine-laden of course. BE exam was tough as expected; once again I got murdered by the MCQs which were absurdly difficult. Drat and each of those were worth 5 points. What a bummer. Ah well, the rest of the paper was generally pretty manageable I guess.
Came home, stoned and tried to get some sleep, as you can expect, to no avail. Caffeine is still flowing good and strong in my body, so I slumped into dreams of solving wonderful economics problems. I think I was practically doing the Math and drawing all the diagrams in my head in my half-stupor. Decided to quit trying to sleep and woke up to do my soon-to-be-due UBS online assessment test for the Asia application. Wasn't too bad I think. Probably did better than the Merrill Lynch one.
Ah well, another one last paper to mug for. Hardware, software, excel, networking, access databases, HTML and all the jargon which only one person is interested in, none other than our Prof himself. Really have to force myself to study for this. I think it's probably the same case for everyone else. First time touching the BIT notes ever. Haha...
Anyways, nice weather today. I would think that I am living in California or something. Sunny day, clear blue skies, zero to five degrees; weather worthy of a t-shirt and shorts. Ann Arbor looks so beautiful.
News flash updates:
Delta rejects US Airways bid and pledges to emerge from bankrupcy.
Morgan Stanley is going to spin-off their Discovery credit card business to focus on their core operations.
NYSE bids for Euronext, probably going to materialize.
Thailand's stock market takes a plunge on new regulations which tries to curb speculation in Thai Baht.
AT&T acquisition of BellSouth hits a hump due to regulatory issues.
Express Script launches a surprise bid for Caremark to compete with CVS's takeover deal.
Oil falls (at least it did yesterday) due to mild winters in the US (for now) requiring less oil and gas for heating.
Harrah's agreed to be taken over by Apollo Management and Texas Pacific Group. (Their share price is undervalued by the way, the offer price at $17.1 billion plus $10.7 billion in debt is an offer of 90 bucks a share. They're now trading at $82.30 for some reason which I haven't figured out yet. Weird that the market did not react to the news and bubble the price up to $90.)
That's it for now. Time to get back to the less interesting stuff, BIT. Oh by the way, Google is on discount. Cheap cheap $468 only. Buy while stocks last. (no pun intended)
Pulled another all-nighter again last night. Caffeine-laden of course. BE exam was tough as expected; once again I got murdered by the MCQs which were absurdly difficult. Drat and each of those were worth 5 points. What a bummer. Ah well, the rest of the paper was generally pretty manageable I guess.
Came home, stoned and tried to get some sleep, as you can expect, to no avail. Caffeine is still flowing good and strong in my body, so I slumped into dreams of solving wonderful economics problems. I think I was practically doing the Math and drawing all the diagrams in my head in my half-stupor. Decided to quit trying to sleep and woke up to do my soon-to-be-due UBS online assessment test for the Asia application. Wasn't too bad I think. Probably did better than the Merrill Lynch one.
Ah well, another one last paper to mug for. Hardware, software, excel, networking, access databases, HTML and all the jargon which only one person is interested in, none other than our Prof himself. Really have to force myself to study for this. I think it's probably the same case for everyone else. First time touching the BIT notes ever. Haha...
Anyways, nice weather today. I would think that I am living in California or something. Sunny day, clear blue skies, zero to five degrees; weather worthy of a t-shirt and shorts. Ann Arbor looks so beautiful.
News flash updates:
Delta rejects US Airways bid and pledges to emerge from bankrupcy.
Morgan Stanley is going to spin-off their Discovery credit card business to focus on their core operations.
NYSE bids for Euronext, probably going to materialize.
Thailand's stock market takes a plunge on new regulations which tries to curb speculation in Thai Baht.
AT&T acquisition of BellSouth hits a hump due to regulatory issues.
Express Script launches a surprise bid for Caremark to compete with CVS's takeover deal.
Oil falls (at least it did yesterday) due to mild winters in the US (for now) requiring less oil and gas for heating.
Harrah's agreed to be taken over by Apollo Management and Texas Pacific Group. (Their share price is undervalued by the way, the offer price at $17.1 billion plus $10.7 billion in debt is an offer of 90 bucks a share. They're now trading at $82.30 for some reason which I haven't figured out yet. Weird that the market did not react to the news and bubble the price up to $90.)
That's it for now. Time to get back to the less interesting stuff, BIT. Oh by the way, Google is on discount. Cheap cheap $468 only. Buy while stocks last. (no pun intended)
No comments:
Post a Comment