Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The World Turns White

Snow. Lots of it.

It's been snowing non-stop since this morning. The temperature outside is -10 degrees celsius now. Working on my BIT200 homework right now and decided to drop in to write a blog. I think I didn't blog yesterday too.

Oh well, been busy. Had a whole day of meetings and a ton of work to plough through. Had only one class this morning since Josh is stranded out in some airport due to the snow and he cancelled class. Trudge through the snow to get back home. I got dressed and headed out for my JP Morgan mock interview. Decent but not outstanding performance today. I need to work more on my technicals and be more concise in my explanations.

Walk me through a DCF. What is a LBO model? What implications does a negative net working capital have on a company's operations? What models would you use to evaluate a company? What is the WACC? What is the difference between leveraged and unleveraged beta? How do your obtain the terminal value of a firm? *yawns* I'm going to practice all of this until I can recite them in my sleep.

Grabbed a quick bite at Za's again. I just realized that I have been grabbing my meals there every other day (or is it everyday?). Salads and pastas everyday, all the way.

Credit Suisse's corporate presentation today was a little unproductive as it was overly crowded. I couldn't stay long enough to network because I had to rush off for my marketing group meeting. Had another efficient and highly enjoyable group meeting with my marketing group. Such a pity our presentation is tomorrow and with that, also comes the end of this group project. It has been one of the most enjoyable teams I have worked with since I came to Michigan.

Before I head back to deal with the pile of wonderful work awaiting my attention, I must express my absolute contempt for the Florida Gators and the comments from their coach. You may have won the SEC conference title but that doesn't mean that you can slam us and label us an inferior team. We lost by 3 points in an away game to the nation's TOP TEAM (Ohio State which had an unbeaten season), while you lost to lowly #12 team (who had 2 losses this season) at home. What exactly is your argument? I don't care if you play Ohio State in the championship game because they're going to whip your asses big time. Lloyd Carr and the Wolverines will walk on with dignity and face off our more worthy rivals, the Trojans from USC in the Rose Bowl on New Year's Day.

For a more impressive argument, check out:
The Unreported News About Michigan's Snub at #2

Enough said, back to work.

No comments: