Monday, January 01, 2007

And then it was year 2007...

Hi everyone. There is a ton of stuff on my mind and I can't really be bothered to sort them out properly now, so please forgive me if this blog entry is poorly organized and kinda jumping from one topic to another.

Lets just start with my day. 31st December 2006. Woke up naturally at 7am. Forced myself to stay in bed and stone till 8:30am when I couldn't take it anymore (Staying in bed is a bad idea). Went to see my doctor to get some medication for my cough/sore throat/flu/whatever crap had hit me. Am holding off taking the anti-biotics for now to see if my throat continues recovering. My mom, dad, sis and myself headed to the newly renovated Tiong Bahru market for a late breakfast. Chee kway, fried carrot cake, soy bean milk, fresh coconut.

Went over to my grandma's place for a steamboat lunch. Tons and tons of great food and got to see a lot of my family members again. Probably the last time I'll meet them before I fly off, so that was pretty awesome. However, the biggest highlight of the day: Sharmaine hugged me!!! *grins from ear to ear* She's not afraid of me anymore! Haha. She made me play some card game which she just made up, with funny antics like pressing the cards first to make them soft, dealing cards randomly and placing them into piles. Totally hilarious. Played for a long time with her. I've almost forgotten how fun it is to play with kids. (By the way, Sharmaine is 3 years old.) You should see her do the jiggle and dance when I play the Barney song on my mobile. Indescribable happiness. =) She gave me a huge hug before I left. Made my day!

Headed home for a short while and did some work before going for dinner at Prima Revolving Restaurant. The view up there was spectacular. Didn't really have much of an appetite. Memories were a little hard to stomach. -shrugs- Anyway, Singapore is a beautiful city; really pretty at night. I'll miss the skyline.

Dropped my dad off at a new year countdown event which he had with his friends and drove off in his car because he would be drinking and won't be able to drive after. Contemplated what to do or where to go. Wanted to find a place to quietly welcome the new year. Met up with Weilin and grabbed some drinks (and of course, food for the ever-hungry Weilin), at the beach pub in ECP. Chit chatted for the most of it. We were treated to a surprise at midnight.

In the first few minutes of 2007, all the ships blasted their horns in celebration and many of the ships fired off their red distress flares. It was a mesmerizing sight. The sky filled with bright red specks (think M203 brightstar equivalent out at sea) as the flares slowly fell into the sea.

Ended the night by going for a short spin (driving a powerful car can be addictive at times) and then picking up my dad before heading home. Here I am, showered, lying on my bed with my laptop, mind full of jumbled thoughts, not knowing what to make of them.

2006 has been a true blue roller coaster ride for me. Pat, my dearest soulmate left this world. I walked on and with the help of my friends, pulled myself out of a deep, scary hole. I was, for a point in time, almost at the top of the world. I left for Michigan to start life in the business school. A little under one month in adjusting to the challenges of the b-school. I fell. This time, deep. Alone. It was one of the scariest things to happen. I hope no one ever has to go through the same thing. Between fighting my battles in school, CCAs and academics, I pulled myself on, building myself up from scratch.

Everything has changed. People, school, friends, family, myself. I can barely recognize myself anymore. It's scary. It's okay. I will jiayou. I will be fine.

To my friends out there, somewhere, I wish all of you good health and happiness.

To my dearest family, you all mean the world to me. I don't know what or where I would be now without all of you. If I had disappointed any of you, I'm sorry. I swear I have tried my very best and will continue to do so until I am unable to anymore.

To my dearest angel, it's been 7 months since you've left this world. Thank you for all that you have given to me, to everyone around you. You will always be remembered by all and loved dearly by me. My promise still holds true. I miss you...

Beautiful memories still fill my mind. Mind and heart just refuses to stop thinking about them. I don't know if it was a bad decision. Maybe it was. It would take a huge toll to forget once again.

Oh well, happy new year everyone. May 2007 be a better year for everyone... Good luck and may all of you be blessed with good health, joy, laughter, love and eternal happiness.

Best wishes,
Wilson
Jan 1, 2007, 0432hrs

No comments: