Taking a short breather from studying for marketing exam which is at 8am tomorrow. Saturated brains sounds just about right; body saturated with caffeine too. Another bout of overdose of caffeine looming ahead. I wonder when hard work is going to pay off?
Woke up bright and early today to head to the b-school for another mock interview. Yes I'm nuts. Getting out of bed at 8:30am on the first day with no classes is just crazy. Oh well, it was fun. I thought I screwed it up and got totally grilled by the guy but he said I did well. Haha... The hardest mock interview I've done to date. Thanks for your help dude. Learnt a ton today. Answering questions under continuous fire isn't a joking matter at all.
Time to get back to my books. Positive email replies from my corporate contacts. Glad with that. Also, just to note: Airlines consolidation coming up though there will be lots of thorny issues to navigate; anti-trust legislators would probably be their biggest adversaries:
US Airways unsolicited bid for Delta
Qantas accepts takeover bid from consortium of investors which include Macquarie Bank and Texas Pacific Group
AirTrans seeks to takeover Midwest
United (UAL) in talks to buy over Continental
This consolidation is long overdue I think. Transportation industry guys in investment banks must be working their asses off not to prepare their pitches. Also, Goldman, Lehman and Bear Stearns reported record earnings for the forth quarter. Way to go...
Woke up bright and early today to head to the b-school for another mock interview. Yes I'm nuts. Getting out of bed at 8:30am on the first day with no classes is just crazy. Oh well, it was fun. I thought I screwed it up and got totally grilled by the guy but he said I did well. Haha... The hardest mock interview I've done to date. Thanks for your help dude. Learnt a ton today. Answering questions under continuous fire isn't a joking matter at all.
Time to get back to my books. Positive email replies from my corporate contacts. Glad with that. Also, just to note: Airlines consolidation coming up though there will be lots of thorny issues to navigate; anti-trust legislators would probably be their biggest adversaries:
US Airways unsolicited bid for Delta
Qantas accepts takeover bid from consortium of investors which include Macquarie Bank and Texas Pacific Group
AirTrans seeks to takeover Midwest
United (UAL) in talks to buy over Continental
This consolidation is long overdue I think. Transportation industry guys in investment banks must be working their asses off not to prepare their pitches. Also, Goldman, Lehman and Bear Stearns reported record earnings for the forth quarter. Way to go...
No comments:
Post a Comment