Friday, January 05, 2007

New Day, New Battles

Woke up bright and early today. A little tired out from working late into the night. Had a rather shocking opening to my day. -shrugs-

Woke my sister up and she stubbornly insisted that I drove her to school together with my mom. What could I say? That's the whole reason for staying a few more days in Singapore right? After sending my sis to school and my mom to work, I went to grab breakfast at the food centre next to Kovan Heartland Mall. Ate a steaming hot bowl of fishball noodles for breakfast. It felt pretty weird to be eating that early in the morning.

Got home and cleared emails, read up on interviews before heading out for lunch with Esther. Had 鼎泰丰 for lunch at City Hall. Food was pretty good, except that I can't face another 小笼包 for the next few months. Took a short bus ride over to the Concourse to find nice flowers for Pat's niche since the ones I bought the other day were kinda crummy. Found a nice small bunch of red roses with baby's breath.

I bought a couple of slices of cake from Bakerz Inn for my mom before heading back to pick up my sister from her school. Decided to give my sis a little surprise and went to purchase a pack of McDonald's french fries. Concussed for some time in the afternoon, just passed out from exhaustion.

Resumed working on applications and reading up on interviews. Dinner was a nice meal with my family less my dad because he had to attend a meeting. It's nice to be able to eat at home.

Dragged my brother out just now and went to ECP for a drink at the same old beach pub. Chatted about things and grabbed mee sua for supper along Upper East Coast. Been quite a long time since I was last there. Things are so different now...

Oh well, I think I'll head to bed earlier for once. Lots of stuff to deal with and they're bouncing around in my mind. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep so that I'll be more alert for my phone interview tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

No comments: