Thursday, January 25, 2007

Time Out

Time Out. Been crunching numbers for my Finance 310 class. Doing my homework assignment due tomorrow on topics which the Prof hasn't covered in class (thanks huh). Short sell on margin computations is driving everyone in the class nuts.

Disappointment has set in pretty bad but I guess, I'm still trying to find a way to secure an internship this summer. Will see how it goes. I hope all is well for everyone back home. This definitely doesn't feel like week 3. I swear it's week 9 of school or something. Wishing I had more than 24 hours in my day. Argh.

Homework assignments just keep piling in non-stop. It's going to be another nice weekend camping out in Kresge Library (along with the whole BBA class of 2008 again). Wonderful huh. It's amazing they haven't thought of keeping the library open 24 hours.

Anyways, I forgot to write in here that you guys should have bought into Conoco Phillips (COP) and ExxonMobil (XOM) when the oil prices hit rock bottom at 49 bucks a barrel. Winter has finally hit for the past 2 weeks and oil prices are starting to push back up. The petrol companies are going to continue climbing. Also, Google was on discount for a couple of days. Just buy in when they hit 480 bucks. They rose 20 bucks today, approximately a 4% climb. I can't really phantom which way the financial institutions groups are heading. Might see a slight dip in earnings after the stellar last quarter. Citi took a big hit when they missed earnings estimates. The Street is merciless when it comes to earnings reportings. A couple of banks going to release earnings for this quarter. Might be worth a look if you have the time.

Alright. Back to work. Being buried in work (this time, involuntarily), actually isn't all that bad. On track to building up an impressive sleep debt once again.

Miss you...

No comments: