Saturday, January 06, 2007

Pushing the Days

Had a pretty hectic day today. Regretfully I didn't manage to get up on time this morning to send my sister to school. Passed out in the wee hours of the morning after studying the technical questions for interviews last night. Started waiting for the phone call from Hong Kong for my interview until around noon when I finally got the call. Didn't go too bad I guess; maybe lacked practice after a 2 week break from my mock interviews. The interview was totally fit questions; no technicals at all.

Alvin picked me up and we headed to Vivocity for lunch at this German Bar / Grill place. The music and food there was pretty good. A little pricey but oh well, how often do I get to chill out with my old pal. The view from the restaurants in Vivocity were pretty nice. Water-front dining. Quite a good way to make people pay for the ambiance. Went over to Hong Lim with Alvin to get his dance shoes and then hung out at Coffee Bean for sometime. Yucks. I want my Starbucks / Pacific Coffee.

I went off to pick up the car from dad and drove off to meet Kaye for dinner. Haven't seen her in ages. Since NUS rock climbing days. That seems almost like a lifetime ago. Guess where we went for dinner. Vivocity. =S Had jap food. Decent I guess, but nothing fantastic. They need restaurants with better / special food at Vivocity. The current ones are the typical restaurants you can get at the usual shopping malls, except that they're situated in front of the harbor.

Drove around for a little before sending Kaye home. Bunch of weirdos standing around at Labrador Park in the rain and queuing up for something. No idea what they were doing hanging around that place in the rain and in the dark. Drove up Mount Faber (again). Needless to say, the view on top of Mount Faber was beautiful. Feelings crept in but oh well, buried them before they could overwhelm me.

Got home and hung around for sometime. Got close listed for two of the banks I wanted but didn't get closed for several others which were top of my list too. -shrugs- Will just have to bid for the interview slots I guess.

I headed out once again around midnight to meet up with Weilin for a short supper. Grabbed fried chicken and ice mint tea at Arab Street. Just sat around and chatted about random stuff before heading home. 谢了,兄弟! Hahaha. (I'm so going to get murdered for this.)

Pretty packed day today. Mind wandered into the no-go zone and stirred up feelings which I have gone great lengths to ignore. One more day and I'll be gone. How much does it really matter? *wonders*

Baby-sitting early tomorrow morning. I think I'll go read a book for a change until I fall asleep. Good night, sleep tight and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

pig said...

u're an idiot u know. Don't have to announce it to the whole world. Bad enuff that u guys are so ungentlemanly already!