Just reached Michigan about 3 hours ago. Finally reached back in Michigan after 2 connections at Narita and Seattle, flying for 20 plus hours exclusing transit time. I slept most of the way on the planes (approximately 18 hours of disturbed sleep). Still feeling pretty burnt out and my mind is so dulled that I can't really straight.
Anyways, I went to look at the blog entry which I wrote before I flew off from Singapore. I swear I don't know how I wrote or published it. I completely have no impression of writing the last 3 paragraphs while I was sprawled semi-conscious on my bed. A brief recount of the night before I flew off. Left DHS, sent Weilin home, went to bid farewell to Pat at IHM, took dinner at home, went out for supper with the gang, returned home, did my final packing up, read some cards and emails.
Knocked out with my face smashed into my laptop at about 2:45am and shot out of bed at 3:30am. In my mad rush to the airport, I forgot to wake my sis up to bid farewell to her. Sheepishly called her from the airport departure lounge. =S Feeling pretty terrible about it. Sorry Wynne.
Flight time was a blur. Getting on and off planes, taking off and landing didn't even wake me up anymore. Images kept creeping into my dreams the entire flight. Why is it so darn difficult to forget? Oh well, I think 4 weeks of sleep debt is finally catching up with me. Ming cooked pork chops for dinner, which tasted pretty fantastic after all that crappy airline food (I hazily remember taking a few meals on the planes).
One little trivia which I picked up on my flight back here. I watched this show "The Last Kiss" on one of the planes. Kinda watched and fell asleep in between parts but I caught this quote which I thought was worth googling for. It was from a girl's dad to the girl's boyfriend. "What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts."
Here I am, back in Michigan again, ready to start a new school term. It's going to be a hectic semester. Winter semester is always more gruelling than fall semester because the profs don't give the short buffer period before hitting the classes with the full load. Interviews, workshops, presentations, school work, who knows what else, is awaiting. Exciting challenges; just a little physically and emotionally drained at the moment. Fat hope if anyone thinks I'll break down. I'm all ready to go at it again.
Jiayou everyone. To those who have made my short trip back to Singapore a delightful one, my sincerest thanks from the bottom of my heart. To my wonderful family, it was just so awesome to see all of you again. Wynne, good luck as you begin your secondary school life. Study hard and do mom and dad proud ya? Sharmaine, don't grow up too quickly! Listening to the Barney song and thinking of how you dance to it still bring a smile to my face.
What a holiday it has been...
Anyways, I went to look at the blog entry which I wrote before I flew off from Singapore. I swear I don't know how I wrote or published it. I completely have no impression of writing the last 3 paragraphs while I was sprawled semi-conscious on my bed. A brief recount of the night before I flew off. Left DHS, sent Weilin home, went to bid farewell to Pat at IHM, took dinner at home, went out for supper with the gang, returned home, did my final packing up, read some cards and emails.
Knocked out with my face smashed into my laptop at about 2:45am and shot out of bed at 3:30am. In my mad rush to the airport, I forgot to wake my sis up to bid farewell to her. Sheepishly called her from the airport departure lounge. =S Feeling pretty terrible about it. Sorry Wynne.
Flight time was a blur. Getting on and off planes, taking off and landing didn't even wake me up anymore. Images kept creeping into my dreams the entire flight. Why is it so darn difficult to forget? Oh well, I think 4 weeks of sleep debt is finally catching up with me. Ming cooked pork chops for dinner, which tasted pretty fantastic after all that crappy airline food (I hazily remember taking a few meals on the planes).
One little trivia which I picked up on my flight back here. I watched this show "The Last Kiss" on one of the planes. Kinda watched and fell asleep in between parts but I caught this quote which I thought was worth googling for. It was from a girl's dad to the girl's boyfriend. "What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts."
Here I am, back in Michigan again, ready to start a new school term. It's going to be a hectic semester. Winter semester is always more gruelling than fall semester because the profs don't give the short buffer period before hitting the classes with the full load. Interviews, workshops, presentations, school work, who knows what else, is awaiting. Exciting challenges; just a little physically and emotionally drained at the moment. Fat hope if anyone thinks I'll break down. I'm all ready to go at it again.
Jiayou everyone. To those who have made my short trip back to Singapore a delightful one, my sincerest thanks from the bottom of my heart. To my wonderful family, it was just so awesome to see all of you again. Wynne, good luck as you begin your secondary school life. Study hard and do mom and dad proud ya? Sharmaine, don't grow up too quickly! Listening to the Barney song and thinking of how you dance to it still bring a smile to my face.
What a holiday it has been...
No comments:
Post a Comment