Concussed pretty early last night. Might be blogging a little less regularly nowadays. Took Saturday off and watched 24 (the TV series, go watch it!). Awesome show.
Anyways, woke up today due to hrm... some disturbances. Something along the lines of a cow mooing in my room. Decided to get out of bed at 4:30am and went for a short run in the miserable rain. Frozen sidewalks are TRECHEROUS. Almost fell a couple of times.
Got home, showered and left for Steak N Shake for an early morning meal. Semi-decent food. Take my advice and stock to their milk shakes. Took a long drive around Ann Arbor in the darkness, down Huron Parkway. It is a really beautiful place to drive at night since there are no cars on this road that winds through a wooded area. Down Geddes Avenue and up Catherine, into the historic district.
I was going to see if I could catch the farmer's market but they are only in operation on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Maybe another time. Chanced upon the Famous Zingerman's Delicatessen, arguably the best known deli in the US (and maybe the world). Sat down for a cup of steaming hot latte. I'm not a big latte drinker but I must say it really tasted fantastic on a cold, rainy Sunday morning. Nice music too.
After stoning there and reading the papers for some time, I headed over to the deli next door. I couldn't resist buying a currant scone and a german pretzel (made with lard!). The smell of freshly baked bread and rows of yummy looking cheese was really impressive. The location of the store (right next to the farmer's market within the historic district), the build of the place, the set up of the shop, the people, the food, gave Zingerman's deli a really homey, small-town feel, which was truly unique. What can I say, just awesome.
If you are interested, do check out their website: Zingerman's Delicatessen . Visitors to Ann Arbor should definitely make a trip down to Zingerman's when in town. Big thumbs up for them!
Managed to catch my parents and sis online when I got home! Glad to see them. It's been a pretty rough first week at school. More challenges to come. Wish me luck! (and of course, hard work if you wish to tell me to work harder than I do. Haha...)
One last thing. Heard this song at Zingerman's just now. Haven't heard it in awhile.
Everything I Do, I Do It For You -- Bryan Adams
Look into my eyes - you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart - search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
Look into your heart - you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am - take my life
I would give it all - I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
There's no love - like your love
And no other - could give more love
There's nowhere - unless you're there
All the time - all the way
Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
Anyways, woke up today due to hrm... some disturbances. Something along the lines of a cow mooing in my room. Decided to get out of bed at 4:30am and went for a short run in the miserable rain. Frozen sidewalks are TRECHEROUS. Almost fell a couple of times.
Got home, showered and left for Steak N Shake for an early morning meal. Semi-decent food. Take my advice and stock to their milk shakes. Took a long drive around Ann Arbor in the darkness, down Huron Parkway. It is a really beautiful place to drive at night since there are no cars on this road that winds through a wooded area. Down Geddes Avenue and up Catherine, into the historic district.
I was going to see if I could catch the farmer's market but they are only in operation on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Maybe another time. Chanced upon the Famous Zingerman's Delicatessen, arguably the best known deli in the US (and maybe the world). Sat down for a cup of steaming hot latte. I'm not a big latte drinker but I must say it really tasted fantastic on a cold, rainy Sunday morning. Nice music too.
After stoning there and reading the papers for some time, I headed over to the deli next door. I couldn't resist buying a currant scone and a german pretzel (made with lard!). The smell of freshly baked bread and rows of yummy looking cheese was really impressive. The location of the store (right next to the farmer's market within the historic district), the build of the place, the set up of the shop, the people, the food, gave Zingerman's deli a really homey, small-town feel, which was truly unique. What can I say, just awesome.
If you are interested, do check out their website: Zingerman's Delicatessen . Visitors to Ann Arbor should definitely make a trip down to Zingerman's when in town. Big thumbs up for them!
Managed to catch my parents and sis online when I got home! Glad to see them. It's been a pretty rough first week at school. More challenges to come. Wish me luck! (and of course, hard work if you wish to tell me to work harder than I do. Haha...)
One last thing. Heard this song at Zingerman's just now. Haven't heard it in awhile.
Everything I Do, I Do It For You -- Bryan Adams
Look into my eyes - you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart - search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more
Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
Look into your heart - you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am - take my life
I would give it all - I would sacrifice
Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
There's no love - like your love
And no other - could give more love
There's nowhere - unless you're there
All the time - all the way
Oh - you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more
I would fight for you - I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you
Ya know it's true
Everything I do - I do it for you
No comments:
Post a Comment