Opening my eyes at 7:30am in the morning, only to see that its pitch dark outside, isn't exactly the nicest way to start a day. Nonetheless, I pulled myself out of bed and got ready to go for class.
Finally went to Green Baxter Court yesterday and met up with my kids. Simply awesome to get to play with them again; playing soccer with a bunch of little kids, playing football and pretending to rush them. Lit up my day a considerable bit.
Went to bed really early last night. I knocked out some time between trying to catch up with the financial news and reviewing my virtual portfolio. Slept all the way through to this morning. Should have repaid a good part of my sleep debt, I think. 9 hours of sleep. It's been a long time since I've gotten that much rest, or sort of. Had lots of dreams last night. Woke up periodically with the sinking feeling in my heart, knowing that it was all but another dream. That's just another one of the reasons why I hate sleeping nowadays.
Anyways, packed day today. Had a pretty informative BIT200 class just now, gearing up for my Finance300 class, which would definitely give me a nice kick since its so tough. I'm sure everyone else would beg to differ. Follow up workshop by the OCD (Office of Career Development NOT Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) on networking at 5pm, Lehman Brothers Corporate Presentation at 7pm, MII Sector meeting at 8pm. Going to be a busy day/night.
Been so caught up fighting my battles that I've almost forgotten to stop and enjoy the beauty of fall. Ann Arbor is disgustingly cold (and getting worse by the day), but also stunningly beautiful. Red, yellow, orange, green, brown leaves, everywhere. Beautiful. Maybe I'll go take a walk in the Arb soon before the trees have all shed their leaves. Its simply amazing when I was driving down the quiet road yesterday through a "wooded" area. The colors that throw themselves in my face. Wonderful...
Missing some things which are dear to me... The emptiness. Gets a little scary sometimes.
Finally went to Green Baxter Court yesterday and met up with my kids. Simply awesome to get to play with them again; playing soccer with a bunch of little kids, playing football and pretending to rush them. Lit up my day a considerable bit.
Went to bed really early last night. I knocked out some time between trying to catch up with the financial news and reviewing my virtual portfolio. Slept all the way through to this morning. Should have repaid a good part of my sleep debt, I think. 9 hours of sleep. It's been a long time since I've gotten that much rest, or sort of. Had lots of dreams last night. Woke up periodically with the sinking feeling in my heart, knowing that it was all but another dream. That's just another one of the reasons why I hate sleeping nowadays.
Anyways, packed day today. Had a pretty informative BIT200 class just now, gearing up for my Finance300 class, which would definitely give me a nice kick since its so tough. I'm sure everyone else would beg to differ. Follow up workshop by the OCD (Office of Career Development NOT Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) on networking at 5pm, Lehman Brothers Corporate Presentation at 7pm, MII Sector meeting at 8pm. Going to be a busy day/night.
Been so caught up fighting my battles that I've almost forgotten to stop and enjoy the beauty of fall. Ann Arbor is disgustingly cold (and getting worse by the day), but also stunningly beautiful. Red, yellow, orange, green, brown leaves, everywhere. Beautiful. Maybe I'll go take a walk in the Arb soon before the trees have all shed their leaves. Its simply amazing when I was driving down the quiet road yesterday through a "wooded" area. The colors that throw themselves in my face. Wonderful...
Missing some things which are dear to me... The emptiness. Gets a little scary sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment