Here we go. Hell week has started. Studied until late last night and camped out on the couch. Tired. Mugging for my accounting exam now. My day: got out of the couch to a dark and cold day. Lazy me decided to be the garang Singaporean and headed out for class in my t-shirt. sweatshirt and jeans only. I can't describe how much I regretted that decision. It was hovering zero today. Jeeze. Froze my ass off.
Studied, looked at stocks and managed my virtual stock exchange game in between, catching up on financials (more on that in awhile). Ming cooked curry for dinner so yay! I had curry chicken noodles for dinner! Nothing beats a bowl of steaming hot curry noodles on a sub-zero day. The rest of the day was just books. Nothing interesting.
Now, STOCKS. Let me just gloat for this one day I got all my picks right. Spot on for all my predictions yesterday (alright, maybe less the financials but I actually bought into Goldman Sachs (GS), Morgan Stanley (MS) and made a killing on those). If you had bought 100 of each of the stocks, or shorted the same amount accordingly this morning when the stock exchanges opened, you probably would have earned *ahem* about 3500USD less trading costs.
ExxonMobil (XOM) climbed 0.53% (+$0.37)
Toyota Motors (TM) climbed 1.57% (+$1.82)
Walmart (WMT) climbed 3.87% (+$1.91)
Morgan Stanley (MS) climbed 1.24% (+$0.95)
Goldman Sachs (GS) climbed 2.38% (+$4.30)
GameStop (GME) climbed 1.64% (+$0.84)
Bestbuy (BBY) climbed 0.51% (+$0.28)
Marriott (MAR) climbed 0.67% (+$0.28)
Wendy's (WEN) climbed 0.49% (+$0.17)
Google (GOOG) climbed 4.59% (+$21.11) to a historic high of $484.64 and to close at a historic high of $480.78
msystems (FLSH) fell 3.29% (-$1.22) -- I said yesterday to short since the chip/memory card makers were going to hell. You would have gained from their fall.
SanDisk Corporatoin (SNDK) fell 3.45% (-$1.69) -- also to short since they're chip/memory card makers
Texas Instruments (TXN) as I guessed, beat earnings (no surprise here) and the stock went up, making me think I got that wrong, but after the market closed, they predicted a grim outlook for the next quarter on slow/low chip sales. Haha... Did I just read their minds or what? Since I've shorted their stock, I'm going to make a killing tomorrow when the market adjusts the share price to reflect the lower forecasts. They fell a little in after-hours trading so hopefully the fall keeps up for tomorrow so that I can buy to cover.
Thats all for today. No stocks picks for tomorrow since I don't have time to do any research. Will look at the fundamentals for value companies or growth opportunities later this week. Until then, if you really want to, go for the stocks that have had a significant drop with no news for quick buys tomorrow. Thats all for today. Wish me luck for my exams!
Studied, looked at stocks and managed my virtual stock exchange game in between, catching up on financials (more on that in awhile). Ming cooked curry for dinner so yay! I had curry chicken noodles for dinner! Nothing beats a bowl of steaming hot curry noodles on a sub-zero day. The rest of the day was just books. Nothing interesting.
Now, STOCKS. Let me just gloat for this one day I got all my picks right. Spot on for all my predictions yesterday (alright, maybe less the financials but I actually bought into Goldman Sachs (GS), Morgan Stanley (MS) and made a killing on those). If you had bought 100 of each of the stocks, or shorted the same amount accordingly this morning when the stock exchanges opened, you probably would have earned *ahem* about 3500USD less trading costs.
ExxonMobil (XOM) climbed 0.53% (+$0.37)
Toyota Motors (TM) climbed 1.57% (+$1.82)
Walmart (WMT) climbed 3.87% (+$1.91)
Morgan Stanley (MS) climbed 1.24% (+$0.95)
Goldman Sachs (GS) climbed 2.38% (+$4.30)
GameStop (GME) climbed 1.64% (+$0.84)
Bestbuy (BBY) climbed 0.51% (+$0.28)
Marriott (MAR) climbed 0.67% (+$0.28)
Wendy's (WEN) climbed 0.49% (+$0.17)
Google (GOOG) climbed 4.59% (+$21.11) to a historic high of $484.64 and to close at a historic high of $480.78
msystems (FLSH) fell 3.29% (-$1.22) -- I said yesterday to short since the chip/memory card makers were going to hell. You would have gained from their fall.
SanDisk Corporatoin (SNDK) fell 3.45% (-$1.69) -- also to short since they're chip/memory card makers
Texas Instruments (TXN) as I guessed, beat earnings (no surprise here) and the stock went up, making me think I got that wrong, but after the market closed, they predicted a grim outlook for the next quarter on slow/low chip sales. Haha... Did I just read their minds or what? Since I've shorted their stock, I'm going to make a killing tomorrow when the market adjusts the share price to reflect the lower forecasts. They fell a little in after-hours trading so hopefully the fall keeps up for tomorrow so that I can buy to cover.
Thats all for today. No stocks picks for tomorrow since I don't have time to do any research. Will look at the fundamentals for value companies or growth opportunities later this week. Until then, if you really want to, go for the stocks that have had a significant drop with no news for quick buys tomorrow. Thats all for today. Wish me luck for my exams!
No comments:
Post a Comment