Phew... Finally home after a pretty long 4 hour scout meeting. I never realized how hard banking had eroded my patience; the impatience of dealing with unnecessary, unproductive action and talk has sunk pretty deeply within me. Bad in a way I guess... Well, at least managed to squeeze out a direction to take instead of swimming in ambiguous waters, so that's quite an achievement I guess.
On a brighter note, I met up with my uncle for lunch today. =) It was pretty awesome. Come to think of it, that was probably the first time I've ever had a meal with my uncle (or any of my uncles) alone. Sound advice and great insights as I would expect from my wise uncle. =) I was also reminded to look at the positive side of things. Painful as the experiences were, what have I gained walking through those experiences in life? What's yours will be yours. What's not yours, will never be. How much truth is there in that statement? Anyways, I've got to say again, it was definitely one of the highlights of my day.
Met up with brother scout Weilin (heh...) for dinner at Soup Restaurant. Nice food and finally a chance to somehow sit down and stop for a moment. Don't know how to describe that kind of "stop" feeling. Hrm... like... stop?
Quite a load on my mind at the moment. Paths, options, choices, letting go. The last one is always the hardest to do huh. If there was anything useful I picked up during the meeting/rant earlier on, it has got to be that.
Night dudes. Long day ahead tomorrow.
On a brighter note, I met up with my uncle for lunch today. =) It was pretty awesome. Come to think of it, that was probably the first time I've ever had a meal with my uncle (or any of my uncles) alone. Sound advice and great insights as I would expect from my wise uncle. =) I was also reminded to look at the positive side of things. Painful as the experiences were, what have I gained walking through those experiences in life? What's yours will be yours. What's not yours, will never be. How much truth is there in that statement? Anyways, I've got to say again, it was definitely one of the highlights of my day.
Met up with brother scout Weilin (heh...) for dinner at Soup Restaurant. Nice food and finally a chance to somehow sit down and stop for a moment. Don't know how to describe that kind of "stop" feeling. Hrm... like... stop?
Quite a load on my mind at the moment. Paths, options, choices, letting go. The last one is always the hardest to do huh. If there was anything useful I picked up during the meeting/rant earlier on, it has got to be that.
Night dudes. Long day ahead tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment