It's amazing how many people are in the b-school at this hour. To put you in perspective, its Thursday morning, 1am at the business school. Discussions going on, students mugging, people doing rehearsals for their presentations or just chilling out, printing machines churning. Its good to be in bustling place. I've been writing and sending out emails, following up on contacts for the past hour or so. Tough work.
Reading my econ notes and preparing for class tomorrow. Pretty tempted to camp out here just for the fun of it. I'm just taking a little time out from mugging.
The night wears on. It gets cold. I'm really thankful for my family, for always being here for me; for Pat, who I know is keeping me company somewhere out there. I went to Sadako for dinner with some friends. Thanks for the company.
Don't really have much of an appetite. I'm still eating my meals, so if you're reading this mom/dad, don't worry.
Democrats made a clean sweep of the house, senate and governor races in the midterm elections yesterday. I wonder how much it will impact the markets. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. I was a little concerned that the market would take a plunge due to the election results.
A quick update. On the virtual stock exchange game, I bought and held Baidu (BIDU), Toyota Motors (TM), ExxonMobil (XOM), Honda Motors Company (HMC). Its now averaging 6.5% returns. When are people going to start listening and buy Toyota Motors? Its a stellar stock. Did I also fail to mention that Toyota just bought Isuzu and they have reported another record quarter of earnings? Stock price has shot over 122 bucks (and still climbing). Baidu (China's version of Google) has been skyrocketing. Jump on the bandwagon before you miss it.
Back to my books. Throat is still pretty nuked. Sucks.
Reading my econ notes and preparing for class tomorrow. Pretty tempted to camp out here just for the fun of it. I'm just taking a little time out from mugging.
The night wears on. It gets cold. I'm really thankful for my family, for always being here for me; for Pat, who I know is keeping me company somewhere out there. I went to Sadako for dinner with some friends. Thanks for the company.
Don't really have much of an appetite. I'm still eating my meals, so if you're reading this mom/dad, don't worry.
Democrats made a clean sweep of the house, senate and governor races in the midterm elections yesterday. I wonder how much it will impact the markets. Surprisingly it wasn't too bad. I was a little concerned that the market would take a plunge due to the election results.
A quick update. On the virtual stock exchange game, I bought and held Baidu (BIDU), Toyota Motors (TM), ExxonMobil (XOM), Honda Motors Company (HMC). Its now averaging 6.5% returns. When are people going to start listening and buy Toyota Motors? Its a stellar stock. Did I also fail to mention that Toyota just bought Isuzu and they have reported another record quarter of earnings? Stock price has shot over 122 bucks (and still climbing). Baidu (China's version of Google) has been skyrocketing. Jump on the bandwagon before you miss it.
Back to my books. Throat is still pretty nuked. Sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment