Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Caffeine Overdose

Short timeout from studying for my finance second midterm tomorrow. Prepared like hell for this but kinda worried. The last time round I went in knowing everything but still ended up with marginal scores. Hope it won't happen again this time.

Think I must have drank a tad too much coffee. Feeling quite hyper now.

Stocks to watch: (I typed this yesterday but forgot to post)

Baidu (BIDU): Might be a little too late to hop on the bandwagon now but they're the new Google of China. Enough said.

Toyota Motors (TM): Great company, great financials, killing the Big 3 in the US, expanding into emerging markets (India and China). If you still haven't bought the stock, go kick yourself. Another reason why I love TM is because there are only 2 analysts listed as covering it on Bloomberg. Lack of coverage is always a good sign, especially when its such a wonderful stock.

Morgan Stanley (MS): Strong financials, phenomenal growth, good momentum. (consider the rest of the investment banks too)

ExxonMobil (XOM): Oil. You need further explanation?

Phillip Morris (MO): They make Marlboro, they ran Kraft, they have the most kick-ass lawyers in the world. Smokers are not going to quit smoking anytime soon. What more can you ask for? More of a stalwart than an aggressive grower.

Apple (AAPL): I am more apprehensive of Apple because I'm a PC supporter, but you gotta hand it to them for their product innovation and cool designs. Besides, Microsoft just launched their Zune "iPod killer". From the reviews, sounds like Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot with another white elephant.

Honda Motor Company (HMC): Another strong contender for the motor industry. They're joining in the fun in kicking the butts of the Big 3. (By the way, Big 3 refers to Ford, General Motors and Chrysler) Fuel-efficient cars, high reliability, great designs. I know, because I own one.

If anyone had listened earlier, *yawns* easily made 10% return since.

Back to books.

No comments: