Thursday, November 02, 2006

Focus

I had a totally hectic and thoroughly enjoyable day today. Went for class as usual, with the usual in-between class break (bummer). My favorite Josh finance 300 class to give a nice kick to my day. That was the start of the fun.

Rushed home, got changed into my suit and dashed out again. Grabbed a quick lunch, read the WSJ and then met up with my group mates to go for office hours (all within 45 minutes after my class ended). Had another constructive discussion with my prof about our group project, which is progressing pretty well to date. After that ended, went back down, refined my resume a little and printed it out to bring to the resume review by analysts from JPMorgan. Had a good time chatting with them while they looked through my resume. Awesome people.

Had a bit of free time and I headed to the Tozzi financial centre. A few guys were learning stuff for their sales and trading class, so I jumped in too and played the trading games with them. Ended up picking up knowledge about bid/ask strategies for bond trading, which is really cool.

Headed over to the Union for the presentation really early. It was really cool when I got there because it was just the same people whom I see at almost every other presentation. When the JPM team showed up, I realized I've already met more than half of the people who were here for the presentation. Pretty awesome to be able to chat with them and be recognized. =) The team gave a crash course on investment banking, which was kick ass useful. Damn I just love those guys. Spoke to all of them during reception and felt really comfortable talking to the guys from JPMorgan. Definitely high on my list of companies to apply to for an internship next summer. Hopefully I can get close listed by them.

Got to stay focused on my work now. Should kickmyself for slacking off on the networking. I spent the rest of the night sending emails to my contacts. The guys working in IB are just awesome. Smart, funny, hardworking, strong work ethics.

Time to focus and stop being an idiot.

No comments: