Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

Been having lots of dreams lately, can't really recall the exact details except for little bits and pieces of them. Same thing happened this morning, except that I could remember pretty clearly what happened in my dream. My alarm clock woke me up and groggy me thought that it was Chinese New Year morning. I was going to pick up my phone and call in to text my new year greetings before I stalled. Looked around and realized it was Monday morning, the world outside is covered in snow, and I'm sitting on my bed in Michigan. It's 2007, it's the year of the pig, it's Monday. School day. Heart sank and I got myself ready for class...

Another typical school day and got my OMS 311 exam back. Did decent, could have kicked ass big time if not for my ridiculous careless mistakes such as mistaking pluses and minuses or punching numbers into my calculator incorrectly. Argh. How typical of me. The rest of the day was just spent studying for my OMS 301 exam tomorrow.

The most important event of today: My mom's birthday!!! To the most amazing mother in the world, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Called in early this morning (Singapore time) to send in my best wishes.

That reminds me, I took a short nap in the evening because I was so exhausted. Had another dream which I oddly remembered too. A beautiful dream, with all of us celebrating my mom's birthday together; sitting side by side while we joked and laughed with all my little cousins (who are not so little anymore). Dreams... just like how things turned out in real life eh? All but an empty dream. -bitter laugh-

Oh well, once again, I hope all of you are enjoying your holiday (for those in Singapore) and for my pals in Michigan, enjoy the freaking exams and the damn good weather, its now -5 degree celsius only!). Midterms are so much fun eh? Haha... Enjoy your mugging guys. Don't forget to burn your books, mix them with water and drink them. Internalize they say.

To my family, have fun at my mom's birthday dinner! Pity my brother and I aren't in Singapore. Please have a great celebration with my mom on our behalf ya? Thanks dad for organizing the dinner for mom while we're not in Singapore. Speaking of which, my cousins went for mid-night movies two days in a row! Aww man... and prata at Jalan Kayu yesterday night after the show too. I'm sure my bro also wishes he can be back in Singapore just as much as I do. Damn I miss hanging out with my cousins. It's amazing when we head out in a huge bunch (I'm the oldest there) and we have kids who range all the way from my age to primary school. Cool eh?

Alright, time to do more probability and whatnot. 4 more days to California!

No comments: