Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Post #100: Happy Valentine's Day

It's been a hectic week and the craziness is far from over. With the severe weather warning plastered all over weather.com (6 to 10 inches of snow by tomorrow morning, 30 to 40 km/h winds and -15 degree celcius), the world outside is quite a hell on earth.

Anyways, its February 14th today. Valentine's day or friendship day, whichever suits you. The first time in 7 years that I don't get the bubbly "Happy Valentine's Day!" call/msg. Don't think there is a need to say more about it. If you happen to be one of the people who understand, that's awesome. Else, well, I don't really give a flying... *ahem* censored.

More exams to come. I'll have a romantic date with my Finance 310 text and notes in the lovely freaking Kresge Library (or maybe in the comfort of my apartment given the kick-ass weather). Not to mention the 2 long homeworks due tomorrow, project proposals due, meetings to attend, job applications to pursue...

Alright, I'm done with venting. Just needed to blow off some of the stress from school. Now for the real stuff. It's valentine's day. To my dearest angel, you still hold your special spot in my heart. -hugs- I miss you dar. To my dearest friends, thank you for all that you have done for me. To those who have believed in me and still do, I really thank you from the bottom of my heart. Special thanks to my parents, grandparents, siblings and extended family for always being there for me. My heartfelt thanks to my dearest grandma and my late grandpa for doting on me ever since I was a kid.

What is love? I don't know how to describe it. Maybe its like this...

1 Corinthians 13
Love

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Or maybe love is less profound; something as simple as you and me. Us. The feeling that your heart races when you think of someone, the feeling that you wish to hold the other person's hand and nothing would need to be said but everything is crystal clear. Maybe it's an illusion, maybe it's real. Perhaps it's like how Julia Roberts described her feelings in Notting Hill, "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a guy, asking him to love her." Love can be like fireworks firing away in your heart, dazzling, fascinating, short-lived. Or maybe its be like the Northern Star; always bright, always there, never wavering.

So, maybe the question is not what is love, but what it is to you. Whatever the case, I sincerely wish, from the bottom of my heart, that you will find it somewhere, somehow; hopefully, that is the true love of your life.



More than anything else, I miss you. Every smile, every laughter, ever tear.

Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day.

Best wishes,
Wilson

No comments: