Second week back in college and the warm weather seems to be drawing to a close. It suddenly turned pretty chilly last night, with the light drizzle continuing into early morning.
Classes have been alright this semester. A little apprehensive about my strategy class because it seems pretty difficult to squeeze in a word to get participation. Many hours preparing for the cases and not having a chance to put in a word about it seems like a pretty rare occurrence for the past 2 classes. Hopefully things will turn for the better soon as the semester progresses.
Needless to say, I (we all here in Michigan) had a most depressing weekend. As if losing to Division 1AA Appalachian State wasn't pathetic enough in our opening week, we got trashed big time by the darn ducks from Oregon. 39-7, and I was sadly there to witness this epic loss. From national championship contenders in pre-season to a mediocre team that is at the bottom of our conference sucks. With quarterback Chad Henne out for the next game, we'll just have to rely on Mike Hart and friends to pull off a miracle this Saturday and win it against equally pathetic Notre Dame (the great Notre Dame that has also opened the season with 2 consecutive losses). A battle of the losers isn't really an unfair statement.
Contemplating dropping a class to have a lighter semester since I will have sufficient credits to graduate by next year if I take 12 and 13 credits (in any order) between this semester and the next. We'll see how this week of classes progress and I'll make my decision by end of the week.
All in all, I'm surprisingly missing Singapore somewhat. My friends, new and old, and definitely my family. A different feeling coming back here for the last time I guess. This is pretty weird since I don't really have any commitments back home this time round. Haha. -shrugs-
Anyways, back to classes, papers, cases and assignments. Take care guys.
Classes have been alright this semester. A little apprehensive about my strategy class because it seems pretty difficult to squeeze in a word to get participation. Many hours preparing for the cases and not having a chance to put in a word about it seems like a pretty rare occurrence for the past 2 classes. Hopefully things will turn for the better soon as the semester progresses.
Needless to say, I (we all here in Michigan) had a most depressing weekend. As if losing to Division 1AA Appalachian State wasn't pathetic enough in our opening week, we got trashed big time by the darn ducks from Oregon. 39-7, and I was sadly there to witness this epic loss. From national championship contenders in pre-season to a mediocre team that is at the bottom of our conference sucks. With quarterback Chad Henne out for the next game, we'll just have to rely on Mike Hart and friends to pull off a miracle this Saturday and win it against equally pathetic Notre Dame (the great Notre Dame that has also opened the season with 2 consecutive losses). A battle of the losers isn't really an unfair statement.
Contemplating dropping a class to have a lighter semester since I will have sufficient credits to graduate by next year if I take 12 and 13 credits (in any order) between this semester and the next. We'll see how this week of classes progress and I'll make my decision by end of the week.
All in all, I'm surprisingly missing Singapore somewhat. My friends, new and old, and definitely my family. A different feeling coming back here for the last time I guess. This is pretty weird since I don't really have any commitments back home this time round. Haha. -shrugs-
Anyways, back to classes, papers, cases and assignments. Take care guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment