Friday, September 28, 2007

The crazy/fun semester (and other rants)

Phew... Finally this week is over. Has been one hell of a week. For those of you who didn't know, the past week had been pretty horrible for me. If not for the heavy work load, then more so because of the freaking flu bug that decided to hit me smack in the face.

Anyways, some highlights. Spent 8 and half hours in a meeting on Tuesday night. Yes, you heard me right. 4pm all the way till 12:30am. Screwed up group members who don't pull their weight or just don't bother to get their act together or DON'T EVEN SHOW UP. They seriously need a swift kick up their a**. That was on top of Sunday and Monday late nights, where I was basically the only person who was at these long protracted meetings, trying to crunch out the model myself. Maybe it would be more efficient to just do the whole damn thing myself.

Which brings me to the point I'm trying to make. Incompetence sucks. BIG TIME. Lack of responsibility and sense of ownership for your own work and poor work ethics is no excuse. And don't give me the [censored] "I need to go for blah blah corporate presentation" bullshit. At least have the decency to show up after that instead of going home or whining like a baby "I need to go home and get some work done, sorry I can't join you guys". Thinking of it just makes my blood boil.

Anyways, just had my first exam of the semester. Yes you heard me right again. First exam when it's only end of September. Damn fun but damn tiring. Studying for that class was just so enjoyable, recounting some of the enjoyable moments in class. Hell lot of work and alot of material, don't even think I will do well in that exam; but heck of a class. Learnt more in that class than all my other classes combined (okay, maybe except for my other finance class: corporate finance).

Some words of wisdom I have to quote by my awesome prof Jess Beltz:
"Time does not exist. There is no past, no future, no yesterday, no tomorrow. There is only now and this moment is eternity." Cool eh? And another one: "Boy, why are you trying to cram at this hour? Cramming is like trying to put 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bucket." Haha, brilliant...

Damn, and I thought I was gonna have it easy with 13 credits and no more interviews. Lol, at least I'm just having fun in classes. =)

Peace out. Coral reefs class (Geoscience 100) now for one hour. Hahaha...

1 comment:

wynne tan said...

you said it wrongly... i guess you meant "scold them till their pants drop". (haha)