Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Rest-less Weekend

The weekend has come to an end. Time just flew past without me getting any rest. Oh well, just a bief recap:

Friday: Ended up working late, helping my fellow intern with stuff and clearing up my own work. One of the VPs bought me and the other intern a round of drinks at Balaclava. Pretty cool place I must say, although it was my first time there. Always thought it was a yuppie kind of place, packed with expats. Headed back to the office to clear up work and got home at like... 3:30am.

Cleared up some stuff the following morning before spending the entire day at Dunman High. It's nice to go back and see how the boys are doing and to feel part of the scout group again. I guess, this being the first time in many many years when I've gone back for PLTC without Pat, just feels strange. It just felt unreal in a way for me, like something was missing. Maybe it was just the fact that this PLTC wasn't run by any of the gang, or that it was in a new place, or maybe it's just Pat not being around. I don't know. But it just felt kind of empty, which is a little scary because Dunman High / scouting has been like family or my second home to me for so many years; yet I felt distant from it for the first time since... the day I stepped into scouts in 1996.

Supper was pretty good at Holland Village. First time I've been back there since... last year when I had 小笼包 at 翡翠 late at night. Holland Village, another place filled with lots of memories; all beautiful ones. Got home, ran, knocked out and slept.

My entire Sunday was spent at the Food Expo helping to tend to the booth for my dad. A long, monotonous day.

Another week is beginning tomorrow. I think I need some sleep... Exactly one year ago, I was sitting by Pat's bed side, holding her hand and keeping her company the entire day while she missed out on her cousin's wedding; something she had been looking forward to for a long time.

Good night everyone. Good night dar.

No comments: