Okay, another much much delayed update. *groans* I am too lazy to write up the back-log of events that happened over the past two weeks, but then again, they've been such memorable ones that I want to write them down so that I can remember them.
Let's see, I'll just put down days and dates and pen down the highlights of the days, and go into further detail as and when I feel like it.
*Disclaimer: This post, like many others, goes into very mundane details of my life. Don't read it if you're not interested. It's (clearly) an extremely long and dragged-out entry. Proceed at your own peril.
Having said that, here we go.
27 March 2008, Thursday
Accounting midterm/final from hell; the exam was nothing like the practice exam the prof gave. Dumb class. Headed to Zola for lunch for the first time, getting crepes which were really delicious! Since we were sorta running short on time to go visiting places, drove over to Zingerman's Bakehouse and Creamery to check out the freshly baked bread and fresh-made cheese. Ended up at Panera Bread to plan for the Europe trip, until dinner time. Earl Grey Tea there is pretty good.
28 March 2008, Friday
11am group meeting for our accounting final project. We were totally not in the mood to work on it after that crappy midterm, but in any case, still did it for the entire day until dinner time. Dashed home, got changed and met up with Margaret for dinner at Zola. Haven't been there for dinner in a long time. The food was excellent and of course, great company always helps. Drinks later in the night at Habana with Val, making it the third time I was on the street (Washington) in 2 days.
29 March 2008, Saturday
1pm meeting in Kresge for Finance (National Generator LBO case), which lasted all through the day until the evening. We were pretty burnt out by then. Lunch was (once again) pasta from Za's. Don't even want to think about it right now. Popped by East Hall to check out SEA Cultural Night but since the performance room was packed, and I didn't really see any of my friends around (and of course, I was dead tired), I stumbled home and passed out for a short while. Late night dinner (or breakfast) at Denny's. Super sinful comfort food, but it was so delicious!
30 March 2008, Sunday
9am meeting in Wyly for National Generator again. Meeting lasted all the way through the day, into the evening. I swear I was going to explode. It was fun times though, crapping, cursing, swearing and making fun of everything and everyone with the group. Did lunch with Karlin at Jerusalem Garden when we took a short break from the madness in the middle of the day. After we were done with the meeting, headed back to pick up my books and went back to the b-school to burn the night away. Karlin was in the b-school studying for her GRE and so we kinda met up and I worked on my International Finance homework till the wee hours of the morning. Fun times.
31 March 2008, Monday
LHC class at 10am as usual, and met up with accounting group at 1pm to work on the presentation / write-up. Spent the entire time all the way till the evening when I finally headed to international finance class, exhausted.
1 April 2008, Tuesday
Lunch after class at Seoul Garden. The food they served during lunch was really good, and approximately the same price as Sadako. Awesome. =) Meeting for accounting at 5:30pm with my accounting group, then at 8pm till 2am with my finance group (effectively till closing time of the library) I lost my beloved green nalgene bottle with my Grand Canyon and Joshua Tree stickers on it. Really upset with that...
2 April 2008, Wednesday
Met up at 12:30pm with my finance group to work on the presentation, and then later on in the evening at 6pm, when we did our final rehearsal. Courtesy of a screw up by the course instructors, we only found out just before class that we were supposed to only show up for our presentation time slot. Since ours was at 9:30pm, we hung around, practiced a little, talked a lot of crap, and also Amy, Karlin and I went to Pizza House to grab food / dinner before the presentation. The presentation went decent, and we got some tough questions, but generally alright. After I was done with the presentation, headed over to Dreyson's house where they were having the post-Banff Film Festival Grand Canyon Trip mini-reunion/party. The guys played beer pong and all for awhile; I grabbed a cup of beer and headed home early to practice for my presentation the following day, and also to finalize the write-up.
3 April 2008, Thursday
Presentation at 8:30am in the morning and since that wasn't graded, we didn't really care all that much. Went alright I guess. A huge sigh of relief and exhaustion when that was finally over. I went to get my haircut, and then had lunch at Yotsuba with Val. Ran some errands and took a nap before meeting up with Shuying at South Quad and heading over to the b-school to board the buses for Kensington Court for the BBA Formal. Had a pretty good time hanging out with my friends, and taking photos with some of my classmates. The fun didn't last long, courtesy of some idiot who got caught bringing in alcohol. The bars were shut down and we left even before the party really got started at 10pm. Sent Shuying home and later that night, went out for drinks at Habana.
4 April 2008, Friday
Slept in for the most part (for the first time in a long long time) and went grocery shopping around noon with Val to pick up the stuff we needed for the reunion later in the day. Cooked bah kut teh and fried prata at home, while Val cooked veg curry at her place. Dinner at Andrea's place was awesome, finally getting to see everyone. Great food and good wine/beer over dinner. The party continued when we headed over to Dreyson's place, playing beer pong, kings and having just a ridiculous amount of beer. Lisa left early and Val left too for her dance practice. The rest of us stayed on, while I didn't participate in their hookah smoking and all, just sat around and sipped my beer, while everyone got really sloshed. Ended up staying the day and sat in the chair, dozing off occasionally while sitting upright in the dark. Andrea was on one of the couches and Brian was on the other. Had to lift a bed which collapsed onto Andrea in the middle of the night; and she actually didn't wake up from that.
5 April 2008, Saturday
Didn't really sleep much since I was sitting in the chair and keeping an eye on them. Em and Andrea threw up in the morning from all the alcohol and around 9am or so, I ran home to pick up my car and drove them home.
Check out the aftermath; that's not even half the alcohol we had
+(3).JPG)
Slept for a bit until noon before heading to the driving range to hit some balls. Had a pretty good day at the range, so that was awesome. Got home and changed into my suit (suit up again, third time in four days) before heading to Trotter House for senior's day with Kai Ming. Senior's Day was pretty awesome and I could see that the guys from my batch put in lots of effort into planning and running the event, so props to everyone. Also came to the realization that I haven't really been out with the Singaporeans that much (okay, so it wasn't much of a realization) but then again, b-school/work calls, on top of many other factors which made my Michigan Experience vastly different from theirs.
The event ended at around 1:30am, when we packed up the place and headed over to the girl's place (Carriage House) for the post-senior's day party. Ming and I dropped off beer and some alcohol we brought over from home, and headed out again to Backroom Pizzeria to pick up 3 large cheese pizzas since we were starving. Also needed the cheese to line our stomachs before we started hitting the alcohol. Bringing the pizzas back to Carriage House, it was gone in a flash, with everyone gobbling it down promptly. It was one hell of an eventful night, with people getting drunk (Lenny and Alvin, amongst many others), and random kids making out, breaking stuff, doing things which I didn't really want to see. Oh wells, the wonders of alcohol eh?
When the party came to a sort of nasty end at around 6am in the morning, we cleaned up and I sent Margaret home, before finally driving home to shower and collapse into deep sleep.
6 April 2008, Sunday
Awoke at around 12 noon, having lunch with Ming, Chunyi and Jing Shen at IHOP (International House Of Pancakes). Pretty good food. Watched 27 Dresses (yes yes... I know...) which was really good at Briarwood. Had a really awesome time. =) Headed over to Kerrytown Concert House to catch Jen's flute recital, which was really brilliant.
Inside Kerrytown Concert House
+(1).JPG)
Kerrytown Concert House
+(3).JPG)
Did I mention how much I love beautiful Ann Arbor?
+(2).JPG)
7 April 2008, Monday
Awesome weather for the day. Met up with my good pal Michael for lunch at the b-school cafeteria. I was really happy to get to sit down and chat with him after having not seen him for such a long time. Classes weren't too bad and I went to the driving range between my morning and evening classes. Not as stellar as Saturday, but passable.
8 April 2008, Tuesday
Since the weather was so wonderful, had lunch outside at Charley's with Val. Awesome day out! Spent the rest of the day reading up for my finance "quiz" on Wednesday, and also my Corporate Law class.
9 April 2008, Wednesday
Yes! Finally I'm caught up in my blogging. Today was rather uneventful. Weather was nice but had to spend a large part of the day reading up for the quiz, which the instructors had announced 7 hours prior to class that would not be multiple choice. I wasn't too amused. Nonetheless, it didn't go too bad, and my last Entrepreneurial Finance class ended early at 9pm. Though it wasn't exactly the most well-planned class ever, I think I learnt a ton listening to Professor Brophy share his experiences in private equity and all the deals he had seen. An enjoyable time, though, probably not that good for my GPA. Unsuccessfully tried to find people to head out for drinks, but then again, it's (only) Wednesday.
That's it for now folks. It's been a really eventful and enjoyable past two weeks. Intense school and intense play. Just the way Ann Arbor has always been. Boy, I really can't bear to leave this place. Oh and Jeff got his hands on a soft copy of the Capital One Bowl. Best bowl game ever. Watching it makes my heart race and leap for joy over and over again.
Bedtime guys. I still do need to make it to class tomorrow at 8:30am. Until then, take care!
Wilson
10 April 2008
2:55AM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Let's see, I'll just put down days and dates and pen down the highlights of the days, and go into further detail as and when I feel like it.
*Disclaimer: This post, like many others, goes into very mundane details of my life. Don't read it if you're not interested. It's (clearly) an extremely long and dragged-out entry. Proceed at your own peril.
Having said that, here we go.
27 March 2008, Thursday
Accounting midterm/final from hell; the exam was nothing like the practice exam the prof gave. Dumb class. Headed to Zola for lunch for the first time, getting crepes which were really delicious! Since we were sorta running short on time to go visiting places, drove over to Zingerman's Bakehouse and Creamery to check out the freshly baked bread and fresh-made cheese. Ended up at Panera Bread to plan for the Europe trip, until dinner time. Earl Grey Tea there is pretty good.
28 March 2008, Friday
11am group meeting for our accounting final project. We were totally not in the mood to work on it after that crappy midterm, but in any case, still did it for the entire day until dinner time. Dashed home, got changed and met up with Margaret for dinner at Zola. Haven't been there for dinner in a long time. The food was excellent and of course, great company always helps. Drinks later in the night at Habana with Val, making it the third time I was on the street (Washington) in 2 days.
29 March 2008, Saturday
1pm meeting in Kresge for Finance (National Generator LBO case), which lasted all through the day until the evening. We were pretty burnt out by then. Lunch was (once again) pasta from Za's. Don't even want to think about it right now. Popped by East Hall to check out SEA Cultural Night but since the performance room was packed, and I didn't really see any of my friends around (and of course, I was dead tired), I stumbled home and passed out for a short while. Late night dinner (or breakfast) at Denny's. Super sinful comfort food, but it was so delicious!
30 March 2008, Sunday
9am meeting in Wyly for National Generator again. Meeting lasted all the way through the day, into the evening. I swear I was going to explode. It was fun times though, crapping, cursing, swearing and making fun of everything and everyone with the group. Did lunch with Karlin at Jerusalem Garden when we took a short break from the madness in the middle of the day. After we were done with the meeting, headed back to pick up my books and went back to the b-school to burn the night away. Karlin was in the b-school studying for her GRE and so we kinda met up and I worked on my International Finance homework till the wee hours of the morning. Fun times.
31 March 2008, Monday
LHC class at 10am as usual, and met up with accounting group at 1pm to work on the presentation / write-up. Spent the entire time all the way till the evening when I finally headed to international finance class, exhausted.
1 April 2008, Tuesday
Lunch after class at Seoul Garden. The food they served during lunch was really good, and approximately the same price as Sadako. Awesome. =) Meeting for accounting at 5:30pm with my accounting group, then at 8pm till 2am with my finance group (effectively till closing time of the library) I lost my beloved green nalgene bottle with my Grand Canyon and Joshua Tree stickers on it. Really upset with that...
2 April 2008, Wednesday
Met up at 12:30pm with my finance group to work on the presentation, and then later on in the evening at 6pm, when we did our final rehearsal. Courtesy of a screw up by the course instructors, we only found out just before class that we were supposed to only show up for our presentation time slot. Since ours was at 9:30pm, we hung around, practiced a little, talked a lot of crap, and also Amy, Karlin and I went to Pizza House to grab food / dinner before the presentation. The presentation went decent, and we got some tough questions, but generally alright. After I was done with the presentation, headed over to Dreyson's house where they were having the post-Banff Film Festival Grand Canyon Trip mini-reunion/party. The guys played beer pong and all for awhile; I grabbed a cup of beer and headed home early to practice for my presentation the following day, and also to finalize the write-up.
3 April 2008, Thursday
Presentation at 8:30am in the morning and since that wasn't graded, we didn't really care all that much. Went alright I guess. A huge sigh of relief and exhaustion when that was finally over. I went to get my haircut, and then had lunch at Yotsuba with Val. Ran some errands and took a nap before meeting up with Shuying at South Quad and heading over to the b-school to board the buses for Kensington Court for the BBA Formal. Had a pretty good time hanging out with my friends, and taking photos with some of my classmates. The fun didn't last long, courtesy of some idiot who got caught bringing in alcohol. The bars were shut down and we left even before the party really got started at 10pm. Sent Shuying home and later that night, went out for drinks at Habana.
4 April 2008, Friday
Slept in for the most part (for the first time in a long long time) and went grocery shopping around noon with Val to pick up the stuff we needed for the reunion later in the day. Cooked bah kut teh and fried prata at home, while Val cooked veg curry at her place. Dinner at Andrea's place was awesome, finally getting to see everyone. Great food and good wine/beer over dinner. The party continued when we headed over to Dreyson's place, playing beer pong, kings and having just a ridiculous amount of beer. Lisa left early and Val left too for her dance practice. The rest of us stayed on, while I didn't participate in their hookah smoking and all, just sat around and sipped my beer, while everyone got really sloshed. Ended up staying the day and sat in the chair, dozing off occasionally while sitting upright in the dark. Andrea was on one of the couches and Brian was on the other. Had to lift a bed which collapsed onto Andrea in the middle of the night; and she actually didn't wake up from that.
5 April 2008, Saturday
Didn't really sleep much since I was sitting in the chair and keeping an eye on them. Em and Andrea threw up in the morning from all the alcohol and around 9am or so, I ran home to pick up my car and drove them home.
Check out the aftermath; that's not even half the alcohol we had
Slept for a bit until noon before heading to the driving range to hit some balls. Had a pretty good day at the range, so that was awesome. Got home and changed into my suit (suit up again, third time in four days) before heading to Trotter House for senior's day with Kai Ming. Senior's Day was pretty awesome and I could see that the guys from my batch put in lots of effort into planning and running the event, so props to everyone. Also came to the realization that I haven't really been out with the Singaporeans that much (okay, so it wasn't much of a realization) but then again, b-school/work calls, on top of many other factors which made my Michigan Experience vastly different from theirs.
The event ended at around 1:30am, when we packed up the place and headed over to the girl's place (Carriage House) for the post-senior's day party. Ming and I dropped off beer and some alcohol we brought over from home, and headed out again to Backroom Pizzeria to pick up 3 large cheese pizzas since we were starving. Also needed the cheese to line our stomachs before we started hitting the alcohol. Bringing the pizzas back to Carriage House, it was gone in a flash, with everyone gobbling it down promptly. It was one hell of an eventful night, with people getting drunk (Lenny and Alvin, amongst many others), and random kids making out, breaking stuff, doing things which I didn't really want to see. Oh wells, the wonders of alcohol eh?
When the party came to a sort of nasty end at around 6am in the morning, we cleaned up and I sent Margaret home, before finally driving home to shower and collapse into deep sleep.
6 April 2008, Sunday
Awoke at around 12 noon, having lunch with Ming, Chunyi and Jing Shen at IHOP (International House Of Pancakes). Pretty good food. Watched 27 Dresses (yes yes... I know...) which was really good at Briarwood. Had a really awesome time. =) Headed over to Kerrytown Concert House to catch Jen's flute recital, which was really brilliant.
Inside Kerrytown Concert House
Kerrytown Concert House
Did I mention how much I love beautiful Ann Arbor?
7 April 2008, Monday
Awesome weather for the day. Met up with my good pal Michael for lunch at the b-school cafeteria. I was really happy to get to sit down and chat with him after having not seen him for such a long time. Classes weren't too bad and I went to the driving range between my morning and evening classes. Not as stellar as Saturday, but passable.
8 April 2008, Tuesday
Since the weather was so wonderful, had lunch outside at Charley's with Val. Awesome day out! Spent the rest of the day reading up for my finance "quiz" on Wednesday, and also my Corporate Law class.
9 April 2008, Wednesday
Yes! Finally I'm caught up in my blogging. Today was rather uneventful. Weather was nice but had to spend a large part of the day reading up for the quiz, which the instructors had announced 7 hours prior to class that would not be multiple choice. I wasn't too amused. Nonetheless, it didn't go too bad, and my last Entrepreneurial Finance class ended early at 9pm. Though it wasn't exactly the most well-planned class ever, I think I learnt a ton listening to Professor Brophy share his experiences in private equity and all the deals he had seen. An enjoyable time, though, probably not that good for my GPA. Unsuccessfully tried to find people to head out for drinks, but then again, it's (only) Wednesday.
That's it for now folks. It's been a really eventful and enjoyable past two weeks. Intense school and intense play. Just the way Ann Arbor has always been. Boy, I really can't bear to leave this place. Oh and Jeff got his hands on a soft copy of the Capital One Bowl. Best bowl game ever. Watching it makes my heart race and leap for joy over and over again.
Bedtime guys. I still do need to make it to class tomorrow at 8:30am. Until then, take care!
Wilson
10 April 2008
2:55AM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 comment:
jiayou old man ;)
Post a Comment