Here's an update on the more interesting things which happened since returning from the Grand Canyon trip. As I enter the final leg of my semester and education here in Ann Arbor, the desire of trying to hold onto the memories and every little thing here increases. The people, the buildings, the every-so-unpredictable weather, everything. I'm already missing this place even before I leave it.
The first week after returning from Grand Canyon was almost pure misery. Lots of school work, and post-GC-trip depression. A large part of the week was spent stalking the other GCers on facebook, chatting with them and looking at the pictures which they posted on facebook of the trip. Be it emails from any of them, facebook messages or new pictures posted, it was a joy to see anything related to the trip. I soon found out that I was not the only one who was doing so; everyone else who went on the trip was doing the same since I got instantaneous replies on wall posts or emails to all of them or on the facebook group. Gosh, I missed being with everyone so much.
When Thursday came, I headed down to Beansters at the Michigan League and I was totally delighted to meet up with Missy, Emily, Andrea and Val. Michelle came along later and we were totally ecstatic to see half of the group there. Food wasn't fabulous since I had salad, but who cares, I was superbly happy. The rest of that weekend was burnt in the library working on finance and accounting case studies.
The following week (last week), we started rallying for a reason to meet up,Pi day (3.14159... which was on Friday) or St Patrick's Day (St Patty's day, which was on Saturday). We finally decided on a drinking party / reunion on St Patty's day at Mark's place on Saturday night, as well as a home-made Pizza party at Andrea's place on Sunday. I was totally looking forward to the weekend!
On Friday afternoon, Ming, Val and I went to the driving range along Carpenter to shoot some golf balls. I had gotten really rusty from lack of practice and my swing was really terrible. It was the first time Ming was playing and an extremely long time since Val played, so it was an interesting first visit to the driving range here in Ann Arbor. Ming headed home after since he had a dinner appointment while we headed down to Heidelberg on Main to hit the happy hour. 5pm to 7pm, 2 drinks each minimum and free flow of wings and nachos. It was an amazing find (thanks to Lisa and Dreyson for the recommendation). Had quite a big of alcohol in me and that was pretty much my Friday.
Did dim sum lunch at Great Lakes with John, Aaron and Lenny on Saturday and I went over to the driving range, which was just slightly further down the road, to smash another 100 balls off the tee and mat. Slightly better, but still a ton of work to do to get rid of my bad swing habits. Later that night, I picked up Em, Missy, Andrea and Andrea's friend (Emily), and finally a totally drunk Dreyson from Scorekeepers, before going to Mark's house. He had a nice apartment and it was totally hilarious, especially when everyone got drunk (if they weren't already) or got more drunk from the awesome wine which Mark stocked at his home, as well as Heineken and Guinness Stout. From Em's mock giving birth, to the "fast" group dancing and hopping to Britney Spear's teeny-bopper songs, and Dreyson's refusal to shut the door when he was using the toilet, it was a hilarious night and another awesome time with the GCers. At almost 2:30am, I sent Em, Missy, Drey and Andrea to Drey's place, where they went to smoke hookah and camp out, and dropped Michelle off back at her home.
Sunday's reunion at Andrea's house was great, with everyone showing up this time (Brian and Lisa didn't make it for the St Patty's day party). Homemade pizza was delicious and we had lots of good laughs since most of them couldn't remember the stuff that happened the night before. The only sober people who could remember everything clearly were Mark, Val and myself. Another night full of laughter and great company. Andrea's apartment was also a really lovely apartment at the "attic", reached by climbing stairs outside the house to reach the third level. A quaint, little apartment with large windows that looked out into Main Street, conveniently located on South Division. Really liked her place.
That's about all of the fun stuff that happened the past 2 plus weeks. Hopefully I'll find some time to put up and edit the GC trip entry soon. In the meanwhile, there's a ton of snow outside because Ann Arbor decided that it wasn't ready for spring and dumped 10 to 12 inches of snow out last night. Unpredictable weather rocks. I thought I won't see snow ever again, so it was a nice surprise for me.
Alright, that's it for now. Good night and enjoy what's left of the weekend guys. I burnt (and will continue to burn) my weekend in the library tomorrow (Sunday).
Best regards,
Wilson
23 March 2008
2:57AM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The first week after returning from Grand Canyon was almost pure misery. Lots of school work, and post-GC-trip depression. A large part of the week was spent stalking the other GCers on facebook, chatting with them and looking at the pictures which they posted on facebook of the trip. Be it emails from any of them, facebook messages or new pictures posted, it was a joy to see anything related to the trip. I soon found out that I was not the only one who was doing so; everyone else who went on the trip was doing the same since I got instantaneous replies on wall posts or emails to all of them or on the facebook group. Gosh, I missed being with everyone so much.
When Thursday came, I headed down to Beansters at the Michigan League and I was totally delighted to meet up with Missy, Emily, Andrea and Val. Michelle came along later and we were totally ecstatic to see half of the group there. Food wasn't fabulous since I had salad, but who cares, I was superbly happy. The rest of that weekend was burnt in the library working on finance and accounting case studies.
The following week (last week), we started rallying for a reason to meet up,Pi day (3.14159... which was on Friday) or St Patrick's Day (St Patty's day, which was on Saturday). We finally decided on a drinking party / reunion on St Patty's day at Mark's place on Saturday night, as well as a home-made Pizza party at Andrea's place on Sunday. I was totally looking forward to the weekend!
On Friday afternoon, Ming, Val and I went to the driving range along Carpenter to shoot some golf balls. I had gotten really rusty from lack of practice and my swing was really terrible. It was the first time Ming was playing and an extremely long time since Val played, so it was an interesting first visit to the driving range here in Ann Arbor. Ming headed home after since he had a dinner appointment while we headed down to Heidelberg on Main to hit the happy hour. 5pm to 7pm, 2 drinks each minimum and free flow of wings and nachos. It was an amazing find (thanks to Lisa and Dreyson for the recommendation). Had quite a big of alcohol in me and that was pretty much my Friday.
Did dim sum lunch at Great Lakes with John, Aaron and Lenny on Saturday and I went over to the driving range, which was just slightly further down the road, to smash another 100 balls off the tee and mat. Slightly better, but still a ton of work to do to get rid of my bad swing habits. Later that night, I picked up Em, Missy, Andrea and Andrea's friend (Emily), and finally a totally drunk Dreyson from Scorekeepers, before going to Mark's house. He had a nice apartment and it was totally hilarious, especially when everyone got drunk (if they weren't already) or got more drunk from the awesome wine which Mark stocked at his home, as well as Heineken and Guinness Stout. From Em's mock giving birth, to the "fast" group dancing and hopping to Britney Spear's teeny-bopper songs, and Dreyson's refusal to shut the door when he was using the toilet, it was a hilarious night and another awesome time with the GCers. At almost 2:30am, I sent Em, Missy, Drey and Andrea to Drey's place, where they went to smoke hookah and camp out, and dropped Michelle off back at her home.
Sunday's reunion at Andrea's house was great, with everyone showing up this time (Brian and Lisa didn't make it for the St Patty's day party). Homemade pizza was delicious and we had lots of good laughs since most of them couldn't remember the stuff that happened the night before. The only sober people who could remember everything clearly were Mark, Val and myself. Another night full of laughter and great company. Andrea's apartment was also a really lovely apartment at the "attic", reached by climbing stairs outside the house to reach the third level. A quaint, little apartment with large windows that looked out into Main Street, conveniently located on South Division. Really liked her place.
That's about all of the fun stuff that happened the past 2 plus weeks. Hopefully I'll find some time to put up and edit the GC trip entry soon. In the meanwhile, there's a ton of snow outside because Ann Arbor decided that it wasn't ready for spring and dumped 10 to 12 inches of snow out last night. Unpredictable weather rocks. I thought I won't see snow ever again, so it was a nice surprise for me.
Alright, that's it for now. Good night and enjoy what's left of the weekend guys. I burnt (and will continue to burn) my weekend in the library tomorrow (Sunday).
Best regards,
Wilson
23 March 2008
2:57AM
Ann Arbor, Michigan
No comments:
Post a Comment