Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Snowy Busy Weekend

Long overdue post on the events last weekend. Shall just go short on this one (if I can) since it was an interesting weekend that I want to note down, but yet, feel too lethargic right now to do it. So here we go...

Thursday night, I surprisingly stayed at home and didn't got out. Friday morning finance case meeting in b-school for 3 hours, then dinner with Ted, Roy and a bunch of freshies whom I've never seen before at Outback Steakhouse. Alright food at a relatively low price, so can't complain. Came home and booked my flight to Puerto Rico for winter break. Yay! Sunny island and historical districts, sun, sand and the sea! Headed out shortly after for drinks with Ted at Cafe Habana. Haven't been there in about 2 week. I had two mojitos and a ton of chips and salsa since that was free flow. Awesome time and finally got a chance to chill out for a little.

Classico Mojito


Passionate Mojito


Early Saturday morning, woke up to write-up my Strategy paper on my firm analysis on one of the firms in the beer industry - SABMiller. Had a meeting at 1:30pm for Strategy, followed by a meeting at 4pm till 7:15pm or so for my finance case. When I stepped out of the b-school, there was at least 2 inches of snow on the ground. Slushy and cold, I made my way home as fast as I could to get changed. Made it in time for the Friars concert at 8pm at Rackham with Ted, Roy, Michelle, Shuying and Xinyi. Pretty good concert, definitely still my favorite in college, but I do think last year's group was significantly better. Somehow, this batch of Friars don't have that X factor that makes the Friars a delight to watch and listen to.

Rushed home after the concert to get suited up and drove slowly in the murderously dangerous snow-covered roads to Main Street. Got there at around 10:40pm or so and headed into Melange for Ariel's 21st birthday celebration. Just a group of friends chilling out and chatting, and some of them putting in some dancing at the small dance floor. Highlight of the night was probably Anny getting drunk (or high) for the first time in her life. Haha... pretty funny since she was a happy/chatty drunk.

Got home around 2am or so, did a little more work and caught up on the news on the Michigan Football coach search screw-up (darned Les Miles and LSU), before heading to bed past 3am. Sunday was long and uneventful. Had my finance group meeting (more like just me and Mark working on it) at 9am in the morning. Painful to pull myself out of bed in the cold morning. Oh well, lasted till past lunch and did work for the remaining part of the day. Hectic weekend packed with work and lots of fun stuff.

Some lingering thoughts on my mind. 可以,不可以,可以,不可以?真得不应该吧? -Shrugs- Wonder if I'm just thinking too much. Oh wells... it's just difficult to convince one's own heart sometimes.

P.S. Photos of Mojitos from Ted

No comments: