So, another kinda short hiatus from putting in an entry. It's kinda hitting crunch time right now, with exams starting tomorrow and running into next week. Nonetheless, it's been a really enjoyable weekend/week thus far and definitely, a week I would want to remember, so here goes...
Studied some for Saturday and decided (courtesy of Wynne's recommendations) to go catch Enchanted with Ariel and Anny. (Fine... laugh your ass off.) It was actually a pretty good movie! Been such a long time since Disney has produced something more watchable. Loved the references to the good old animated (non-3D) movies and how it transitioned into this fairy-tale like story in Manhattan, New York. Great show... We headed to the b-school after that and managed to find a room to sneak into since the b-school locks up at 10pm on Saturdays. Studied late into the night.
Studied Sunday at home for the most part. Had my last Finance 315 homework. Another long and tedious homework, but that's what makes it fun right? Met up with a schoolmate who wanted some help applying for internships so gave my 2 cents worth on how to get that done.
Monday, last Finance 314 class. Yet another boring (and bordering on useless?) class discussion but oh well, at least I learnt a ton from doing the cases and sorta had fun with my group working on those. Nothing like a pain-in-the-ass class to make the semester wonderful. Headed over to the b-school at night and the girls came later to study. Stayed there till almost 4am since they were cramming for an exam the following day. Haha, they brought a TON of food though over though. Endless snacks and drinks to last through the night.
Tuesday was pretty painful since I had to make it to the final Strategy 390 class. Last class with my section... Really gonna miss them all next sem when some of them would have graduated, and we won't have core classes together anymore. I went for the BIT 300 review and my final Finance 315 class after. Best class I've taken here ever. All the crazy stories by Jess Beltz and his funny quotes (especially the one on cramming). Classic. Another long night of studying at Wyly yesterday till almost 4am again with the girls. Spent some time looking at old photos and all though. Not exactly the most productive thing to be doing when studying but still, a great time. =)
Another surprise was to come that night. Was already sleeping when I was suddenly awoken by the vibration of my mobile. Sat up and picked up the call from my dad! Mom, dad and Wynne are in Japan right now. An unearthly hour to be woken up (5:30am I think?) but it was really nice to hear from them. The short middle-of-the-night phone call just made my day. Thanks dad!
Memorable times here in Ann Arbor. Wish I could stop time for awhile. Oh well, time to get back to mugging / cramming for my exams. Having to stop myself short these days from doing something really impulsive. 不能说的秘密...
Studied some for Saturday and decided (courtesy of Wynne's recommendations) to go catch Enchanted with Ariel and Anny. (Fine... laugh your ass off.) It was actually a pretty good movie! Been such a long time since Disney has produced something more watchable. Loved the references to the good old animated (non-3D) movies and how it transitioned into this fairy-tale like story in Manhattan, New York. Great show... We headed to the b-school after that and managed to find a room to sneak into since the b-school locks up at 10pm on Saturdays. Studied late into the night.
Studied Sunday at home for the most part. Had my last Finance 315 homework. Another long and tedious homework, but that's what makes it fun right? Met up with a schoolmate who wanted some help applying for internships so gave my 2 cents worth on how to get that done.
Monday, last Finance 314 class. Yet another boring (and bordering on useless?) class discussion but oh well, at least I learnt a ton from doing the cases and sorta had fun with my group working on those. Nothing like a pain-in-the-ass class to make the semester wonderful. Headed over to the b-school at night and the girls came later to study. Stayed there till almost 4am since they were cramming for an exam the following day. Haha, they brought a TON of food though over though. Endless snacks and drinks to last through the night.
Tuesday was pretty painful since I had to make it to the final Strategy 390 class. Last class with my section... Really gonna miss them all next sem when some of them would have graduated, and we won't have core classes together anymore. I went for the BIT 300 review and my final Finance 315 class after. Best class I've taken here ever. All the crazy stories by Jess Beltz and his funny quotes (especially the one on cramming). Classic. Another long night of studying at Wyly yesterday till almost 4am again with the girls. Spent some time looking at old photos and all though. Not exactly the most productive thing to be doing when studying but still, a great time. =)
Another surprise was to come that night. Was already sleeping when I was suddenly awoken by the vibration of my mobile. Sat up and picked up the call from my dad! Mom, dad and Wynne are in Japan right now. An unearthly hour to be woken up (5:30am I think?) but it was really nice to hear from them. The short middle-of-the-night phone call just made my day. Thanks dad!
Memorable times here in Ann Arbor. Wish I could stop time for awhile. Oh well, time to get back to mugging / cramming for my exams. Having to stop myself short these days from doing something really impulsive. 不能说的秘密...
No comments:
Post a Comment