It's early Sunday morning and since I don't really feel like reading my finance text at the moment, and also don't want to work on my financial model at the moment, here I am to capitalize on this moment of opportunity to blog.
It has been a pretty eventful weekend, with quite a couple of outings with my renewed push to get people to head out every weekend. The idea is to try out at least most of the famous eateries in Ann Arbor, which is so famous for these awesome dining places, before I graduate next year.
I got bored Thursday night after watching Survivor. After hanging around for some time and doing some work here and there, decided to look for kakis to go out for a drink. Met up with Jianwei around midnight and had the Volcanic Mojito at Cafe Habana. Awesome drink once again, though I think I still prefer the Classic. [Will upload photos on this when I get them from Jianwei]
I had my usual finance case meeting on Friday, and crunched some numbers as well as did some analysis on the AHP case. At least I got a good laugh at the meeting with the guys who were there. Haha, crazy kids. Rounded up a group of Singaporeans and headed to Main Street for the second week running. This time, we headed to Real Seafood Co. for dinner.
+1.jpg)
The set up of the place was really nice and with nice company, it was a really enjoyable night out. For myself, I got a Cesar's Salad and Blackened North Carolina Catfish with Potatoes for my entree. Excellent food, and the freshly baked bread before the meal was awesome too. The fish was juicy and fresh (despite me not being a big fan of fish) and the red-skin potatoes were baked to perfection.
+2.jpg)
After dinner, a couple of us headed to Showcase Cinemas to catch American Gangster. Danzel Washington and Russell Crowe in another classic flick. Should go watch it if you guys have a chance. The best part is that it was based on a true story. A strong cast and good story line; the almost 3 hour show didn't feel overtly long.
Saturday, was kinda a forgettable day. We got (disgustingly) killed by Wisconsin due to a no-effort by freaking Lloyd Carr, who kept Hart out of the game and pulled Henne off 5 minutes into the game. All the evasive reasons about "didn't look good at warm-ups"; at least have the guts to just say that we're throwing this game because you want to rest the players for the season finale against archrivals Ohio State next week. I call bs. At least let me know that you guys are not going to give a shit about this game and I'll just sleep in on a Saturday morning. Someone go fire his damn ass. The only saving grace is that national number 1, our archrivale Ohio State, lost to the pathetic Illinois, lost to freaking Ron Zook, can you believe that? So, with their title hopes now dashed, Michigan and OSU are (once again) heading into the final game of the season, with everything on the line: the Big Ten Conference Title and a shot at the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2008. Still, I was (am still) pissed. Play to win, moron.
After feeling slightly better with OSU to share our misery, headed out for a drink with Roy and Ted (typo here, incorrectly put Roy and Jianwei instead of Ted. Apologies!). This time round, Grizzly Peak Brewing Company. The Pale Ale there was good. Sat around and chatted for a bit. Haven't really been out with Roy before so meeting up was nice. I had an early (okay earlier) night after the semi-terrible day.
Roy's Fried Calamari
.JPG)
So, it has been an eventful and awesome weekend (less the disgusting loss to the Badgers). On another note, not sure if it was a dream or whether I was half-awake and thinking, but woke up with my mind full of someone. Not very enjoyable feeling to get out of bed and realize it was just my imagination.
Awesome huh.
P.S. Thanks Ted for providing the excellent photos from his newly acquired Canon Digital Rebel.
It has been a pretty eventful weekend, with quite a couple of outings with my renewed push to get people to head out every weekend. The idea is to try out at least most of the famous eateries in Ann Arbor, which is so famous for these awesome dining places, before I graduate next year.
I got bored Thursday night after watching Survivor. After hanging around for some time and doing some work here and there, decided to look for kakis to go out for a drink. Met up with Jianwei around midnight and had the Volcanic Mojito at Cafe Habana. Awesome drink once again, though I think I still prefer the Classic. [Will upload photos on this when I get them from Jianwei]
I had my usual finance case meeting on Friday, and crunched some numbers as well as did some analysis on the AHP case. At least I got a good laugh at the meeting with the guys who were there. Haha, crazy kids. Rounded up a group of Singaporeans and headed to Main Street for the second week running. This time, we headed to Real Seafood Co. for dinner.
+1.jpg)
The set up of the place was really nice and with nice company, it was a really enjoyable night out. For myself, I got a Cesar's Salad and Blackened North Carolina Catfish with Potatoes for my entree. Excellent food, and the freshly baked bread before the meal was awesome too. The fish was juicy and fresh (despite me not being a big fan of fish) and the red-skin potatoes were baked to perfection.
+2.jpg)
After dinner, a couple of us headed to Showcase Cinemas to catch American Gangster. Danzel Washington and Russell Crowe in another classic flick. Should go watch it if you guys have a chance. The best part is that it was based on a true story. A strong cast and good story line; the almost 3 hour show didn't feel overtly long.
Saturday, was kinda a forgettable day. We got (disgustingly) killed by Wisconsin due to a no-effort by freaking Lloyd Carr, who kept Hart out of the game and pulled Henne off 5 minutes into the game. All the evasive reasons about "didn't look good at warm-ups"; at least have the guts to just say that we're throwing this game because you want to rest the players for the season finale against archrivals Ohio State next week. I call bs. At least let me know that you guys are not going to give a shit about this game and I'll just sleep in on a Saturday morning. Someone go fire his damn ass. The only saving grace is that national number 1, our archrivale Ohio State, lost to the pathetic Illinois, lost to freaking Ron Zook, can you believe that? So, with their title hopes now dashed, Michigan and OSU are (once again) heading into the final game of the season, with everything on the line: the Big Ten Conference Title and a shot at the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2008. Still, I was (am still) pissed. Play to win, moron.
After feeling slightly better with OSU to share our misery, headed out for a drink with Roy and Ted (typo here, incorrectly put Roy and Jianwei instead of Ted. Apologies!). This time round, Grizzly Peak Brewing Company. The Pale Ale there was good. Sat around and chatted for a bit. Haven't really been out with Roy before so meeting up was nice. I had an early (okay earlier) night after the semi-terrible day.
Roy's Fried Calamari
So, it has been an eventful and awesome weekend (less the disgusting loss to the Badgers). On another note, not sure if it was a dream or whether I was half-awake and thinking, but woke up with my mind full of someone. Not very enjoyable feeling to get out of bed and realize it was just my imagination.
Awesome huh.
P.S. Thanks Ted for providing the excellent photos from his newly acquired Canon Digital Rebel.
1 comment:
Haha next time no need to thank me for the photos la. But I went to GRizzly Peaks and I wasn't mentioned!
Post a Comment