Hey everyone.
It's been a pretty long hiatus for me from blogging. I guess the excessively long blogs from my Puerto Rico Winter Break 2007 trip, and the heavy school work load bore down on me quite a bit over the past 2 weeks. So, to concerned family and friends, I'm doing fine. No worries. A couple of other quick updates:
I'm only taking 12 credits this semester, which is the absolute minimum number of credits to stay enrolled as a full-time student. Usually, I take 15 credits a semester, so this is the least number of credits I have taken in all my semesters here. But here's the catch. The "take-it-easy" and "stroll-down-to-graduation" just wasn't meant to be. The 4 classes which I am taking, are undoubtedly the heaviest and most taxing courses possible in the business school this semester. (Oh boy, damn smart of me huh.) I've asked myself a couple of times why was I torturing myself when I should be relaxing and partying myself to hell.
I guess, I really like the courses I am taking. They are intensively challenging; readings and cases make me work like mad over the weekeneds (see following paragraph for more details), and also make me sleep half the week on the couch for fear of not being able to get up in time for class the next day. A rough schedule and rough classes on just 12 credits. Enjoying every single bit of it though.
So, as I was saying, burning weekends. Basically burnt last weekend in the business school library (Kresge) doing my Accounting 318 (Financial Statements Analysis) case. Not exactly the most interesting case ever, but had an alright time. The highlight probably was this weekend. This is an extra-long weekend since I usually do not have classes on Fridays, 2 days of break on Saturday and Sunday, and on top of that, it is Martin Luther King weekend, so Monday is a public holiday. The plan was to go skiing initially on the SSA organized ski trip to TreeTops Resort. Due to the lack of snow and I guess, the backing out of my other 3 bunking mates on the trip, we didn't go for that trip. To totally kill any possibility of me making it for the trip, I had to work on 2 cases which are due this coming week. I basically burnt the entire Friday and Saturday in the library, each case meeting taking a good 6 hours (or more) each day. Pretty awesome time (in a clearly peverse way).
Oh well, senior semester is turning out to be an intense experience. Not exactly the way which I expected or envisioned it to be, but I am still going to enjoy every single minute of it. The countless hours pouring over cases in the b-school library, the ridiculously cold weather (consistently -20 degrees or lower), the occasional dinner outings, and just being in Ann Arbor. Man, I'm missing this place already.
Oh, and of course, my favorite part of The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
GO BLUE!!!
It's been a pretty long hiatus for me from blogging. I guess the excessively long blogs from my Puerto Rico Winter Break 2007 trip, and the heavy school work load bore down on me quite a bit over the past 2 weeks. So, to concerned family and friends, I'm doing fine. No worries. A couple of other quick updates:
I'm only taking 12 credits this semester, which is the absolute minimum number of credits to stay enrolled as a full-time student. Usually, I take 15 credits a semester, so this is the least number of credits I have taken in all my semesters here. But here's the catch. The "take-it-easy" and "stroll-down-to-graduation" just wasn't meant to be. The 4 classes which I am taking, are undoubtedly the heaviest and most taxing courses possible in the business school this semester. (Oh boy, damn smart of me huh.) I've asked myself a couple of times why was I torturing myself when I should be relaxing and partying myself to hell.
I guess, I really like the courses I am taking. They are intensively challenging; readings and cases make me work like mad over the weekeneds (see following paragraph for more details), and also make me sleep half the week on the couch for fear of not being able to get up in time for class the next day. A rough schedule and rough classes on just 12 credits. Enjoying every single bit of it though.
So, as I was saying, burning weekends. Basically burnt last weekend in the business school library (Kresge) doing my Accounting 318 (Financial Statements Analysis) case. Not exactly the most interesting case ever, but had an alright time. The highlight probably was this weekend. This is an extra-long weekend since I usually do not have classes on Fridays, 2 days of break on Saturday and Sunday, and on top of that, it is Martin Luther King weekend, so Monday is a public holiday. The plan was to go skiing initially on the SSA organized ski trip to TreeTops Resort. Due to the lack of snow and I guess, the backing out of my other 3 bunking mates on the trip, we didn't go for that trip. To totally kill any possibility of me making it for the trip, I had to work on 2 cases which are due this coming week. I basically burnt the entire Friday and Saturday in the library, each case meeting taking a good 6 hours (or more) each day. Pretty awesome time (in a clearly peverse way).
Oh well, senior semester is turning out to be an intense experience. Not exactly the way which I expected or envisioned it to be, but I am still going to enjoy every single minute of it. The countless hours pouring over cases in the b-school library, the ridiculously cold weather (consistently -20 degrees or lower), the occasional dinner outings, and just being in Ann Arbor. Man, I'm missing this place already.
Oh, and of course, my favorite part of The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
GO BLUE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment